Greetings - I need your help.

I have an SSIS package with a Data Flow Task which has the following Data Flow tasks: Excel Source -> Data Conversion -> SQL Server Destination .

The data in my Excel worksheet contains strings as well as numbers. (Also has some blank cells.)

I'm trying to cast all data into strings and insert it into a SQL table, but the numerical data doesn't get inserted -- I get null instead.

I've casted the worksheet data to Unicode string [DT_WSTR] and mapped the casted fields to my SQL table but still get null for the cells containing numbers. All fields in the SQL table are varchar.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Greetings - I need your help.

I have an SSIS package with a Data Flow Task which has the following Data Flow tasks: Excel Source -> Data Conversion -> SQL Server Destination .

The data in my Excel worksheet contains strings as well as numbers. (Also has some blank cells.)

I'm trying to cast all data into strings and insert it into a SQL table, but the numerical data doesn't get inserted -- I get null instead.

I've casted the worksheet data to Unicode string [DT_WSTR] and mapped the casted fields to my SQL table but still get null for the cells containing numbers. All fields in the SQL table are varchar.

I never found a case like this, it is because there is some data you type is not the same. try to check back your data

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.