DonutBanana 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,
So I want to have an online store. Well, so far, I purchased a MySQL hosting service with Yahoo, and a perl shopping cart software with www.upowershop.com. I had the cart installed, but it came with a pretty bad template (http://www.chicago-bm.com/cgi-bin/cart/cp-app.cgi), so I purchased another one (which I attached). Now the thing is...I have no idea how to install the template (I can customize it tho). This is what I have been old to do

In regards to how to create the template..first, look at the current standard default template that comes with the cart. Look at the source code and you'll see comments that are surrounded by *****'s that explain what those are. Each of those is an element of the cart's functions. For example, where your categories display, where your products display, etc. You would place those in your template where you wish for those to appear. Obviously you'd want the menus to appear off to the left for your template. So, make a spot over there like a table or cell and put the tag in it. The cart will know to place that content related to the tag. You'd want your product information and details to show in the large area in the middle of your page. Basically it's just like designing any other page except the content for the various sections will be summoned by the cart and displayed where you indicate dynamically.

I do not even know what a source code is...so basically..I'm lost..and I have no idea what to do. Now, if anyone is kind enough to either install this template for me, or tell me how to, then I thank you in advance. Also, if someone that wanted to install it for me :cheesy:, needs to acces my admin area to change the site layout..etc, please send me an e-mail at support@chicago-bm.com. Thank you all very much.