Goodday all,
Just tried to install MSDE, no sooner then i click the intall icon, i get this message "A strong SA password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to supply the same. Refer to readme for more details. Setup will now exit." Now i took a look at the readme file (lol, Microsoft is so funny), it was all foriegn to me. Im looking for the most simplistic instructions on how to work with this or around it. How ever any help or suggestions would be greatley appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Never mind, figured it out on my own. Sorry.

I'm having the same problem, but I haven't found a fix yet.

C:\<MSDE Folder>\setup sapwd="SecurePassword"

Other switches to consider using:

DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0
SECURITYMODE=SQL

The included README file should explain what these do:
example:ReadmeMSDE2000A.htm

Goodday all,
Just tried to install MSDE, no sooner then i click the intall icon, i get this message "A strong SA password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to supply the same. Refer to readme for more details. Setup will now exit." Now i took a look at the readme file (lol, Microsoft is so funny), it was all foriegn to me. Im looking for the most simplistic instructions on how to work with this or around it. How ever any help or suggestions would be greatley appreciated. Thanks.

Never mind, figured it out on my own. Sorry.

I'm glad you were able to figure it out! would you mind explaining it to me?

I think you better to create new post and explain in full what you want as I do not think you will recieve any answer from CAInc, his last activity is over 2 years old

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.