snowweb 0 Newbie Poster

I've created a web page in .php which receives it's content from a MySQL database, it is all working nicely and looking good except that a field which I have called Ed_Main is now about 65kb and now does not display all the text stored in it.

I'm using PHPMyadmin to administer MySQL.
MySQL version 4.0 (CGI setup)
MySQL installed on local machine (high-end Pentium laptop)
IIS installed on local machine
OS - XP Pro SP2
Browser: IE6

I was creating my content in an external application then I 'Browsed' in PHPMyadmin for the relevant record and pasted it into the field in PHPMyadmin directly. I did it this way as I've not yet created any input pages for updating the web site.

The field in PHPMyadmin seems to accept my entire text and when I navigate back to that field again after saving the record, indeed, the text was saved. So I then check my .php page to view the out put and find that my content has been truncated. It seems to make no difference whether I add more text, it still truncates in the same place, so I assume it is a size issue (although, isn't it odd that my ENTIRE text seems to be stored ok in the database, since I've been back via PHPMyadmin to look at it!)

Anyway, I then changed the field type using PHPMyadmin from 'Text' to 'MediumText' and saved my changes. The situation is still identical, although PHPMyadmin indicates that the change was successful. I have also run the repair option on the database with no improvement.

As I said, my text is currently about 65kb (although I need to add about another 40kb to it), so the MediumText field which holds about 16mb, should have no bother holding it.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I spent the entire day searching online and can find nothing of any help!

Thanks

peter

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.