Hey guys so for a class of mine we have to build a program for a client that is going to require a Database.

The database is going to be purely for demo purposes so an actual server is not necessary.

Now I have never done this before and I have no clue what to do so I decided to come here for help.

What I want to do is create a Microsoft SQL Server on my laptop that is local. In otherwords I am planning on making a Visual C# SQL CLR Database Project in Visual Studio 2010 to help set up this database

The database is going to just hold data of like names, a number and some other data.

Again this server is local, I don't want anyone else to connect to it but me, that's it. But as I said above I have no clue were to start so I could really use a very nice, detailed guide.

Thanks in advance for any help

Recommended Answers

You may install SQL Server Express on your machine for the demo purpose.

Check out this article on how to use it in your app:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd981032(v=SQL.100).aspx

Hope it helps.

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

Well for anyone who might stumbole on this post looking for answers, I learned of a thing called SQLite that pretty much is a file saved on your computer that works like a database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.