I am building an online music video library where u can strean the media to ur browser mobile phne and pda devices. I am using PHP for the middle HTML for the front end and MYsql for the backend.

I want to have database with the music files residing on them but I dnt know where to start if I could be given some advise I would be greatfull.

I have started and this is what i have so far. I have untill MAY 4th to do it but i am open to any criticism and any ideas that will help me

The functionality is a member logs in or a user can browse the song list

members have to be rcognised by the database which i havnt done yet

and non members can join which i have done and linked to the database but does not remember as a member,

a member has a personal library also where the songs that they browse can be added to their personal library

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Troy

Although you can store large binary data blobs (such as MP3s) in a database, I recommend you store the media files as normal files in the filesystem. Use the database to store meta data--that is data about the media files, but not the media files themselves.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.