Hi Guys!

I am newbie to MS-SQL Server and I’ve run into a very very serious trouble.
My company/organization that I am currently with is running MS-SQL Server 2000 Standard and our problem is:

MEMORY

Out of my stupidity I upgraded our server’s memory to 4 GIG and to our realization (since we are a bunch of open source guys) the memory limit of MS-SQL standard is 2GIG.

Now….. is there anyway to tweak this? configuration (we already set windows to prioritize SQL) without upgrading to enterprise which cost a lot of MOOOOHLAH or without messing with the application that is accessing it (no way on earth coz the application is already made and the coz of the memory consumption is the thousands of users accessing it.). just plain tweaking? Is there anyway to surpass that 2 GIG memory cap on MS-SQL Server 2000 Standard?

Tnx in advance! :o

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't think so. Also, you might want to check your stored procedures and make sure they are all as efficient as possible. Profiler is a great tool for locating queries that are causing problems.

I don't think so. Also, you might want to check your stored procedures and make sure they are all as efficient as possible. Profiler is a great tool for locating queries that are causing problems.

yes sir.. :cheesy: its only 2GIG for MS-SQL 2000 Standard. (ahmm.. thats what i read and thats what i have been encountering.. i cant go thru the 2GIG limit..)

do you have a production SQL 2000 Standard that can go more than 2GIG of ram? if so.. do you have a monitoring tool installed on that server? (MRTG)

yes sir.. i know about profiler... :)

;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.