Hello

I had a problem uploading or adding a file on the database and shows the error stated on the title.
The column holding the binary data was set to varbinary(MAX). I couldn't find what was my error because I was able to upload a 900kb MS Word Document but it fails on a 51kb file.

By the way, here is my table format.

fileid      int
filetype    varchar(50)
filename    varchar(50)
filebytes   varbinary(MAX)
fileext     varchar(10)
posted      datetime
uploader    varchar(50)

I have a filter on each varchar fields so it won't produce an error.

Please help.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You are assuming that the field exceeding the field size is filebytes. It doesn't have to be, so check the length of filetype,filename, etc.

Hello adam,

As I have said on my description, I have a filter on each varchar columns so it won't exceed in its limits. I am 100% sure that the problem was not on those varchar fields.

I also tried setting a constant values on each column except for id and filebytes, since id is Identity, and filebytes came from a filestream.

UPDATE:

I found what was the problem. It seems that I had some issues with parsing the file type and it exceeds to 51 characters, my mistake.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.