HI TO ALL,
    I get this error:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.When Running my vb6 module on Another server
    SQL Server is installed on Windows Server 2003,and i am testing the application from WinXP and  Win7 on my server it will work. Testing from other machines(Server) with same settings doesn't work.Any ideas are appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

HI TO ALL,
Thanks for your post,But the problem is, this module only(Maintainance).If i run some other module from client server,It will work,and also i'll check all the connections like,odbc,tcp/ip,sql configuration manager,Sql browser,services,firewall,etc..

Hi,
Anyone have any idea..
and also the links u r posted i have checked already and once again like tcp/ip,Sql browser,services,firewall,IPSec policy,etc..Please Help to Resolve this problem ASAP.

Hi,
Did u created a user Id in your server? In microsoft sql server management studio>security>logins? Be sure you also create this in your other testing machine server

Of course,i had created USER ID to my server

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.