Hi guys,

I would like to know is it possible to connect and create databases locally on my Mac or even windows? using Oracle SQL Developer.

I have installed Oracle SQL Server with XAMMP but this doesn't seem the correct way.

Hope someone could help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I would like to know is it possible to connect and create databases locally on my Mac or even windows?

You are the first member I seem so far actually post a question related a Mac OS

Read this link ( there's installed guide to teach you how to do that ):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/macos/whatsnew/index.html

Thanks LastMitch, but this didn't help me. my only problem is how to make an Oracle database on my machine and connect to it.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

my only problem is how to make an Oracle database on my machine and connect to it.

Take out the XAMMP.

I think you have some software that is preventing you from installing Oracle.

Those guidelines from the link I provided is very simple to follow.

So the only thing that comes to mind is that you have another Database software or anything that is connectd to your Mac OS is interfering your installment.

Try taking out the XAMMP and reinstalled Oracle.

If that doesn't work then you have to see which software that is interfering your installment.

I don't think I can help you with that one because it's on your system and computer not mines.

I mean you have to explain at least a error that your are getting when you try to installed Oracle?

If you do get an error maybe we can go from there.

I really do not understand what is Oracle SQL Server,(there is no such thing) are you talking about Oracle SQL developer. If it is, you do not need Oracle SQL developer to create a database. It can be configured during installation of oracle itself.

And i really do not know why you need to use XAMMP to work with Oracle.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.