I think this is probably too ambitious, but I though I'd ask anyway. I have a list of about 13 000 music venues, including their name and location, but would like to add phone no., website, and email to that information. To do this manually would take a long time, searching on google and entering it. Is there anyway I can use that data to search on google, and select information? The information does not need to be 100% accurate, but most of the time the first result is correct.

Any suggestions are very welcome

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
take a look at Google Custom Search API: https://developers.google.com/custom-search/v1/overview

Once you get results you can scan the links in search of microformats or metadata. To do that you will need a microformat parser or something like get_meta_tags() for metadata. Then, if you want more results or compare data, you could add a callback to check the contact page and try to parse the <address> tag or search for emails and phone numbers.. it'a a bit tricky.

Thanks, I'll give it a go

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.