I need to setup SQL Server Express using the command line and also make the installation unattended I tried many command lines however each one of them did not work here is the last one:

Setup.exe /ADDCURRENTUSERASSQLADMIN="True" /AGTSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVIC" /AGTSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Disabled" /ASBACKUPDIR="Backup" /ASCOLLATION="Latin1_General_CI_AS" /ASCONFIGDIR="Config" /ASDATADIR="Data" /ASLOGDIR="Log" /ASPROVIDERMSOLAP="1" /ASSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /ASTEMPDIR="Temp" /BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Disabled" /ENABLERANU="True" /ENU="True" /ERRORREPORTING="False" /FARMADMINPORT="0" /FEATURES="SQLENGINE,REPLICATION" /FILESTREAMLEVEL="0" /HELP="False" /INDICATEPROGRESS="False" /INSTALLSHAREDDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" /INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\" /INSTANCEDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\" /INSTANCEID="SQLExpress" /INSTANCENAME="SQLExpress" /ISSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" /ISSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /NPENABLED="0" /QUIET="True" /QUIETSIMPLE="False" /ROLE="AllFeatures_WithDefaults" /RSINSTALLMODE="FilesOnlyMode" /RSSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" /RSSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /SECURITYMODE="SQL" /SQLCOLLATION="Arabic_CI_AS" /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /SQMREPORTING="False" /TCPENABLED="0" /UIMODE="" /X86="False" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ACTION="Install"

But also it did not work. Could any one tell the correct syntax to install the SQL Server Express 2008 x64

Here’s what you need to do:

Click on start->run and type %temp% and press enter (basically, go to the temp folder)
Here, look for SQLSetup.log and SQLSetup_1.log. Open the SQLSetup_1.log file. In there, check for the following messages:
04/16/2012 17:16:47.950 Error: Failed to launch process
04/16/2012 17:16:47.952 Error: Failed to launch local setup100.exe: 0x80070003
Typically, you get this error only in SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2 and SQL 2012. The steps are slightly different for all 3, and I’ve tried to outline them here:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.