Good time of day all. Today I saw this error "The database has been placed in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it." I was working with it I mean with this particular file not long ago, then my PC was shut down due to power surge. And now then I double click the file it won`t open. My 2010 office always worked fine before. Though I never had my electricity cut down during my work. So the thing I want to ask is my database dead for good or is there a way to fix it and get data back?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Before you done anything else make a backup!
You have a corrupted object. In most cases you will have to restore the object.
You will need to restore the corrupted object from one of your daily a back ups.
I usually import all the working (not corrupted) objects into a new back database. Then import the objects that were are corrupted from a backup up copy when the objects were working.
Hopefully this is a split database. If not, this is a great time to split it to help prevent this from happening again. I suggest to do the following
1. Create a new Microsoft Access database.
2. On the File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import. Import
all database objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules)
into the new database.
3. If you receive the "Unexpected error 35012" error message when you import a
specific database object, repeat step 2, but exclude that object and restore
the damaged object from a good backup.
If by any chance it had no effect use this program. It`s a 3d party tool but seems worth a try for me, since it has a free demoversion.
A friend says to the best option is a recovery tool since he used it. And it works with all OS and versions of office.
Hope I helped.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.