When I was editing the databse, the power went off and now arror comes as "Unrecognized file format ...............". I tried to compact and repair but no success. how to recover data?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ernest_3

When we use access 2003 in vista then compact and repair utility create this type of problem due to version issue. You can fix this error by installing Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package. You can download it from here Download the hotfix package now. If still you are facing the problem you can import your database to new blank database and import everything from old database. Or you can use some access repair software. I have used one software that is compatible with every version of Microsoft Access :Stellar Phoenix Access Recovery Software.

Good Luck

When I was editing the databse, the power went off and now arror comes as "Unrecognized file format ...............". I tried to compact and repair but no success. how to recover data?

Hi,

There is a tool called Advanced Access Repair. I have used it to repair many corrupt Access MDB files on my damaged disks successfully. Maybe you can have a try.

Alan

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.