I am with WebFusion (part of Pipex) I have upgraded my account in order to get a database. I know nothing of databases and can only design websites using Dreamweaver (not even the HTML coding) the WYSIWUG!

What book or CD or anything would someone recommend for me ( I am not ashamed to call my self a newb lol) so I can teach myself how to add a username and password database to my site.

Hope something like this exists, maybe the "For Dummies" books might help. Please note that I do not have any server software installed, just Dreamweaver. What software aswell. Cheers peeps

I am with WebFusion (part of Pipex) I have upgraded my account in order to get a database. I know nothing of databases and can only design websites using Dreamweaver (not even the HTML coding) the WYSIWUG!

What book or CD or anything would someone recommend for me ( I am not ashamed to call my self a newb lol) so I can teach myself how to add a username and password database to my site.

Hope something like this exists, maybe the "For Dummies" books might help. Please note that I do not have any server software installed, just Dreamweaver. What software aswell. Cheers peeps

I don't know the ins and outs of your hosting setup but I'd assume that it includes PHP/MySQL as it is very popular and free.

Here is a tutorial that was featured on digg a while ago on the basics of PHP/MySQL.

If you want to get PHP/MySQL installed on your own machine for testing purposes (I reccomend you get it working on your computer first then upload it) you are probably best using an all in one installer like XAMPP. It will get you up and running and there are tutorials and examples included iirc.

Good luck and any problems post them in the PHP forum and your questions will be answered.

Of course all the information I gave could be useless if your ISP gave you ASP/ASP.net and MSSQL or some other combo.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.