Hi,

im running this website,,,worked so hard on it for about 5 months straight. i got it finally up and runnin, and the first 3 months went smooth.

all of a sudden my MySQL DB drops...every table inside...just GONE.

my site went down and error messages were received throughout my entire perl application.

Is there anyway I can see if this was an attack? Was it a problem on my host side ( i have asked them but no response yet)?

I've been programming with PERL for about 5 years and know how to prevent SQL Injections.

Or I could be wrong...who knows. But another reason why i dont think its my programming side is that the user I connect to my database with, does not have any "DROP, or DELETE" privileges...so I don't know how my ENTIRE database tables have dropped.

J/w , what should I do and what procedures can I run to find out what went wrong. This is my first time experiencing such a thing.

Thanks,
Bobby

Thanks,
Bobby

Hi,

im running this website,,,worked so hard on it for about 5 months straight. i got it finally up and runnin, and the first 3 months went smooth.

all of a sudden my MySQL DB drops...every table inside...just GONE.

my site went down and error messages were received throughout my entire perl application.

Is there anyway I can see if this was an attack? Was it a problem on my host side ( i have asked them but no response yet)?

I've been programming with PERL for about 5 years and know how to prevent SQL Injections.

Or I could be wrong...who knows. But another reason why i dont think its my programming side is that the user I connect to my database with, does not have any "DROP, or DELETE" privileges...so I don't know how my ENTIRE database tables have dropped.

J/w , what should I do and what procedures can I run to find out what went wrong. This is my first time experiencing such a thing.

Thanks,
Bobby

Have you checked the logs?

Is this db on your own machine or hosted?

Did you take a backup?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.