hi
i am gonna create a student record keeping application.

i just wanna how which are the basic information means the table in my database are require to create common database

i just wanna know table name and require filed in each table which are common in all student record keeping application in general that according to this database i will have changes according to my requirement
so i only need you little suggestion about database require to create student record keeping application.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sibir1us

I am not sure i understand the question. Database modeling is like a playdough - it is a pile of shapeless material untill you decide in which direction to go and how to shape it. In development there is a term "business rules". Every single development project starts with gathering business rules. Business rules are the "rules of the game", for example, in your case a rule could be that one student may not attend more than 3 classes per semester. Another rule might be that 2 classes cannot be scheduled at the same classroom at the same time. Now, there are plenty of "modeling languages and tools". UML or agile modeling, for example.

I highly recommend to any given developer in the world first to get in the clear of WHAT they want to do, and then find out a way to do it. For me, it takes me a long time to carefuly model my projects with pencil and paper, and then it takes me 15 minutes to write the code for it.

Hope it helps.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.