Hey everyone, I'm looking for a free tool to administer MySQL databases. I currently use PHPMyAdmin, which is great, but I'm looking for the same functionality in a desktop software. I've actually found quite a few, but wondered if you any of you could recommend one for me.

My only requirements are that it be fairly simple to use, have at least the same functionality as phpMyAdmin, FREE, and that I can load it on my desktop, and perhaps be able to store my DB connect info so I don't have to put it in everytime I log in.

Thanks!
Nate

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a free tool to administer MySQL databases. I currently use PHPMyAdmin, which is great, but I'm looking for the same functionality in a desktop software. I've actually found quite a few, but wondered if you any of you could recommend one for me.

My only requirements are that it be fairly simple to use, have at least the same functionality as phpMyAdmin, FREE, and that I can load it on my desktop, and perhaps be able to store my DB connect info so I don't have to put it in everytime I log in.

Thanks!
Nate

http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/

Oo, thanks, that MySQL Query Browser look like just what I need. You're golden!

I prefer SQLyog for this. The UI is intuitive and easy to use. The free version is available here.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Thanks I'll check this out. I've been using SQLeo which is a java based query builder(free), but if this is totally free I may switch.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm a SQLyog fan too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.