PHP version 5.1.6
MySQL version 5.0.27-standard-log

Table is super simple, 1 primary key, uid, unixtime(timestamp),blog, pro, bull, pix

if($uid > 0 && $id != $uid){
include('connection.php');
mysql_query("INSERT INTO history SET uid='$uid', pro='$id'"); }

Thats all. Does anyone know why this would create two identical records every time?

Anyone see why this would give me two of the same record every time its executed? I have several other inserts sitewide that dont have the same problem. I have other queries on other pages that dont duplicate the entry but insert into the same table.

hi,

Anyone see why this would give me two of the same record every time its executed?

The query looks good. You might have problem with your code, the statements above if ($uid > 0 ... ) . Probably a loop statement above it, check it thoroughly.

I dont think you have any problem with query. If you are still not satisfied with the query then try it out in MySQL console, executing the same SELECT statement, so that you can judge whether two records get inserted or one. You can do this as one of debug option.

kath.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.