Hello,

I recently bought a new server and I'm trying to move the MSSQL database from the old mssql (MSSQL 2000) to the new system MSSQL Express 2005.

I made a .bak file in the old server and restored it succesfuly in the new server. the thing is that it created a new schema and took the old db user which doesn't exist in the new server. and now i have authentication problem accessing the database from the web and from Plesk. I'm a newbie and I don't know hot to handle db users in MSSQL Express 2005.

Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I was able to fix it with the stored procedure:
sp_change_users_login

EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix', 'username', NULL, 'password'

Hello,

I recently bought a new server and I'm trying to move the MSSQL database from the old mssql (MSSQL 2000) to the new system MSSQL Express 2005.

I made a .bak file in the old server and restored it succesfuly in the new server. the thing is that it created a new schema and took the old db user which doesn't exist in the new server. and now i have authentication problem accessing the database from the web and from Plesk. I'm a newbie and I don't know hot to handle db users in MSSQL Express 2005.

Please help.

To add a new user into a database when it been removed, I have found that you need to goto.

Mssqlserver/security/logins

then right click and click add new login, if you set the default database ownership for this user to your database, it will automatically be installed into your database.

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.