Hi,
I have visual c++ and have recently downloaded the Dark GDK add on. Does anybody know where i could find some tutorials because I am okay with c++ but dont know how to code the graphics. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
-Chris

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Lemme guess.
http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/

You picked a random forum, rather than the forum of the homepage where you got the thing from in the first place.

Make a guess as to where you'll find the highest concentration of people who are experienced in using it.

Yeah i'd just try to find a Dark GDK forum and post there. I kind of did the same thing as you did, pick a random fourm and ask for help. But you are specifically choosing a certian topic, and if you know that, then just search for that topic.

Dark GDK come's with some PDF files that give you some basic tutorials. You can find them by going to Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tutorials. If you read all of them you should be able to make some pretty cool games.

Hi,
I have visual c++ and have recently downloaded the Dark GDK add on. Does anybody know where i could find some tutorials because I am okay with c++ but dont know how to code the graphics. Any help is appreciated

Thanks
-Chris

The download of Dark GDK they includes tutorials. If you go to 'the game creators' in the programs menu and then 'Dark GDK' then there is a folder with tutorials on:

* Getting Started
* 3D Objects
* Game Levels
* Game Terrains
* Shaders - begginner
* Shaders - advanced
* Dark Invaders

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.