Hello! I have a question regarding game programming. Currently i am doing a course in .net3.5. How to develop a game using c#? Can anyone provide(code) with a game done in .net. What are the educational qualifications to be a game programmer?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Game programming is not easy process :) - keep that in mind

As for educational background, apart from the obvious programming courses, you should have strong math skills. Basic geometry is a must along with a good understanding of vectors and matrices, and I'd recommend taking a course in discrete mathematics if you can.

Statistics also helps out quite frequently. I see game-related questions all the time asking how to do certain things that are easily accomplished if one just knows what a proportion is and how to use it. Apparently, knowing how to use proportions wasn't as common knowledge as I thought.

If you want to develop games in C#, I'd suggest looking at XNA. I haven't used it myself, but I've talked with several friends who said it's really easy to work with.

commented: nice summary! +1

When I was in high school, I was making games in both Java and .NET and even though it is challenging to make one, the outcome is by far the most pleasurable for yourself and also seeing other peoples reactions...

My advice to making a game if you are new is to start small and build up from there. The best example I used for the computer science club is this:

LONG TERM: Action Game with Killing
-----------------------------------
# now this might blow your mind but here is what you can do to simplify the load
- Make a Game where you can run around on the screen
- Make a Game modification with a background in which hero can run around on
- Add a sword to your hero and allow him to use it
New Game- Now make it to where your hero can kill something like a square.
-------
Type something like that into your favorite word editor and this will be your blue print. Make each addition every 3 hours and after each edition, play your game, and then go have some coffee, have some fun then come back. A happy person makes an enjoyable game.

Before you run off and make an action adventure game, I'd say see if you can make pong first then move up from there.

Hello! I have a question regarding game programming. Currently i am doing a course in .net3.5. How to develop a game using c#? Can anyone provide(code) with a game done in .net. What are the educational qualifications to be a game programmer?

Thanks in advance.

hi neha this is prison passioner i like u r admiration n hope u will be a good programmer there is no such educational qualificationfor a gamer first u should select a flat form n u have to settle u r self with the story board then design the frames after that u can instill u r ideas in u r chosen language

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.