Hi,
I actually don't really know where I should post this question so please forgive me if it's in the wrong discussion section. Basically, I'm developing a CUDA program to calculate the FFT power spectrum of a series of images which are captured continuously and want to show the power spectrum in a window at the same time. I'm not what I could use to draw the power spectrum. I thought about OpenGL but I really only know how to draw in 3D rather than 2D. Or is there anything else that I could use? Thanks in advance for any help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lmbdx

Your using Nvidia CUDA so you might consider Direct Compute instead which is a Windows API built on top of CUDA like CUDA-C is but it also supports non-vendor specific APIs so you could run on AMDs D3D 10+ hardware as well. That said, Direct Compute has access to all the Direct3D resources where you could use a ID3D10Texture2D to draw your FFT power spectrum and then draw it to the window. Since your dabbling in CUDA you must have a good programming knowledge base but if you have not done Windows programming, Direct3D and Direct Compute all this together would be very challenging.

Your using Nvidia CUDA so you might consider Direct Compute instead which is a Windows API built on top of CUDA like CUDA-C is but it also supports non-vendor specific APIs so you could run on AMDs D3D 10+ hardware as well. That said, Direct Compute has access to all the Direct3D resources where you could use a ID3D10Texture2D to draw your FFT power spectrum and then draw it to the window. Since your dabbling in CUDA you must have a good programming knowledge base but if you have not done Windows programming, Direct3D and Direct Compute all this together would be very challenging.

Thank you so much. I'll have a good look at them and see how it goes.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.