hi i am a university student from Mauritius and i am going for my final year project for my course Bsc in Information Technology. I am good at php,mysql, but now i want to make use of java, android for my final project. So i am already on the track of learning them. I already installed eclipse, android emulator etc.. and completed my first tutorial which is the famous "Hello World".
My issue is that idont really know of what mobile and android are capable of! So, as you guyz are experts, i which if you could help me get some ideas on which i can start my development on android.

Hope you could help me in!

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Sorry that is not the name of the game. You came up with some ideas and we can comment on it. For start have look on android market website and search for stuff to know whah people did...

Sorry that is not the name of the game. You came up with some ideas and we can comment on it. For start have look on android market website and search for stuff to know whah people did...

Ok dr tkx! So i finally found an idea on which i wana develop.

So post if you want to get feedback on your idea, or close thread nothing for discussion.

So post if you want to get feedback on your idea, or close thread nothing for discussion.

ok, herez the idea. But please note its now im on my first hello world in java. I wana create an application based on mobile technology namely android, that will track where you are actually, and by that you choose your destination upon a map, it will tell u the shortest route, or opt for using public bus, will tell your were, n how to travel to go there, with the approx bus schedule, and bus rates to b paid!

Its really easy to do HTTP requests in android, so make use of some RESTful web services?

just idea
how to create application for people traveling ,to help them find the right train or bus
to their target place

denny

There is number of services providers you should your country for it. However given that this is student project I would concentrate just on capital city or your local area and see if you can find some providers, what sort of interface they provide so you know how to plug your application (meaning being easily able to send request with where and to location, time, and perhaps date plus number of passengers. Then being able to process results they sent you back). Example Transport for London

I don't think the people will prefer your application.

The reason is, it is already availabel in android market. Instead I suggest to look for some thing really new which is not available in market. Though I don't have much idea about what kind of such application but search for something.

commented: Signature spammer -4

I don't think the people will prefer your application.

The reason is, it is already availabel in android market. Instead I suggest to look for some thing really new which is not available in market. Though I don't have much idea about what kind of such application but search for something.

This is student project and not professional paid to buy application, have mercy on the guy, beside how match do you know about Mauritius Android apps market that you say such think given that you are on the other side of globe in India? None since you are just signature spammer. So one thing for you to learn, your signature links are not visible to outside world only to registered users. Awareness effect, bellow 1%

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.