Hi guys,

I am new to Mobile Development.
I do have some Assignment question want to clarify.

**Task 3
Create an app. that will make use of 3 icons (from the Icon pack provided). Your app must
display all 3 icons below some relevant text.

• You must take a screen shot of this app running at three different resolutions in the emulator
    (MDPI ~160dpi, HDPI ~240dpi, and XHDPI).
  • Also force an XHDPI screen to show low-density images & take a screen shot. Briefly
    comment on why this is not ideal.**

So I dont get it is, should I create an app with single screen and insert 3 icons, then run 3 different resolutions in the emulator?
And, what does the MDPI~160Dpi, HDPI~240Dpi and XHDPI meaning?
I did some research regarding these keywords, it was saying the image size (pixels) and screen resolution.
But i Still get confusing regarding these words.

Thanks for advance clarification. Much Appreciate.

Hi,

You can tet the screens even if your system support fast rendering I mean the AVD will load the emelator screen very fast. In the last version of Android studio you will have all types of screen from the AVD even you can create virtual devices in the three type of screens or you can try any alternate website. Like pcloudy.com there you will get different devices to test it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.