Hello friends , i am jimm . I have some doubts regarding Java Basics. If anyone interested in Java basics..please help me out to find out the answers.
What is a java source file ? can you please describe ?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jwenting

Hello Jimm.
A java source file must have .java extension.It should have at least one top level , public class defenition and any number of non_public class defenitions.The file name should match the public class name.
File: publicClass. java
public class publicClass {
}
class Non_ publicClass {
}

Ok, Thanks Tom and ithelp. Now i got good idea about java source file. Description also good.
Now please give some good idea about bytecode. Or What is the Bytecode?

Hey,
Each java program is converted into one or more class files.The content of the class file is a set of instructions called bytecode to be executed by JVM. JVM is an interpreter for bytecode. Java introduces bytecode to create platform independent program.

Thank you Tom. Now please answe for these two questions also.
Why does the main method need a static identifier?
And Will the program compile, if the main method doesnt have static identifier?

Also, read through the info that is in the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum. There is more than enough to get you started.

no it isn't. This entire thread was created by some idiots trying to increase their postcount by flooding the forums with nonsense.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.