Is there a code in assembly that is similar C like sleep(milliseconds)?
Is there also a code in assembly that is similar also to C, clrscr()?

I like to add that to my code that will be passed tomorrow... but i have no idea!!!

Can you advice me where to find a freeEbook on A86 Assembly programming?
I mean website?!!!

Any reply will be appreciated....

Thanks
A86 beginner

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The books Assembly Language Step-by-step: Programming with DOS and Linux by Jeff Dunteman should have answer to those codes but these code run on DOS platform and Linux platform only.

sukatoa..! wahahaha.. dota ta na wahaha

assembly is an programming like C++ . That mean what ever you done with assembly
, you can done with C or backwards . However , the actual problem is that what
is the operating system and the plactform that you are using .

In windows and linux generally a application program is calling to the operating system API
application programming interface to perform these tasks
generally you have to think like that . I think that you are taliking about the DOS sleep() call
that we can find out in the Turbo C v3.0 is'nt it ?
However if I can call the MessageBox API call under windows using the assembly language you can find the appropriate API in the MSDN and call like that . and you can then call that API call . Any thing that definided in the MSDN as a function that you can call under C++ or C can call under assembly . Just simply push the parameaters into the stack and call the appropriate address

By doing some of the googling I find the method named sleep( long timeToSleep) in the kernel32.dll
then you can call it . just include the library file and simply export the API and push 8-byte long
number of milliseconds that you wants to sleep and then call it . API will done the work for you !

If you are talking about the DOS it really cannot be implemented using an API , in DOS there are not API calls . You have a interrupt shuch as int 21h and you trigger that using a software interrupt .Then DOS or bios function call handles . That's very different .

I recommand you to see a Operating system book and read it and master and really underestand how the application program is talking to the operating system and perform its operations .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.