Can Anybody help me by suggesting, How to change TCP/IP setting by an VB (6 or Dot Net) application. I need this because our users log on to 2 domains and my SysAdmin configures manually every time. I want to built an application. If it can be fired remotely It will be better.

Any friend Please HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are your users running XP or Vista ?

If so have you tried using the alternative configuration under the TCP/IP settings because it would seem to do what you want ? I have not tried it but your problem would seemingly be fixed by it.

Denis

No No I want to change my computer's IP, DNS, Gateway using an application because our users log on to 2 domains and their IPs are differrent that is why I need to switch between these tow series of IPs Including Gateway, DNS.. If Anybody can Please Help me.........How to do it using VB6/.net

I want to change my computer's IP, DNS, Gateway using an application because our users log on to 2 domains and their IPs are differrent that is why I need to switch between these tow series of IPs Including Gateway, DNS.. If Anybody can Please Help me.........How to do it using VB6/.net

If Anybody can Please Help me.........How to do it using VB6/.net

use the arp command. The arp command is a system command; and you could use VBs Shell command to run it.

c:>arp --help

Should give you more information.

Hank

Thank to all of You I have executed a batch query using NETSH.exe, any way I will also try using ARP also.

BYe...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.