Does anybody know how to make a parser???A program that checks wether the entered expression is correct or not..If the expression lacks a parentheses if that is needed in the expression, or invalid operator..etc...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

>Does anybody know how to make a parser???
Yes.

>Does anybody know how to make a parser???
Yes.

Can you help me?I've already a java program but it doesn't worked well. It runs but the output is not satisfying.There are some errors I think about reading the input. Can you help me.It will be really a great help for me.Thank you. Have a gud day!

What errors?

Like for example when i enter the expression e.g. 2 + 2 > it is valid.again when i enter 2+2 it is invalid, again when i enter 2 + 2 it is invalid. It's like it is not working well.

It's impossible to help you unless you post your code.

if it's not working well, you need to fix it.
If you show us what you have, what it's supposed to do, and what it actually does, we may be able to give you some hints.

If you have nothing, that's the reason it doesn't work. You can't expect nothing to do something, especially something usefull.

Thanks for the reply...actually just yesterday January 10, 2008, I've finished my project which is the parser. My professor already checked it and voila! I've finished it before the deadline..Have a good day!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.