Please all, I am a young female programmer who designed a form. In the form there is a field for image. How will i add a browse to it so that the person felling the form will browse to pick the picture from his system.

Please ATTEND URGENTLY TO IT.
TANX.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by zumanequeen

If you are using VS you can drag an OpenFileDialog, 3 buttons, textbox and a picturebox to your form.
With your first button (Browse). In this buttons click event add

OpenFileDialog.Title = "Get Image"
OpenFileDialog.ShowDialog()

Go back to your form and double click the OpenFileDialog. Add this code

textbox.text = OpenFileDialog.FileName

go to your second button (Upload) click event and add

if (textbox.text.Trim() <> "") Then
PictureBox.Image = Image.FromFile(textbox.text)

Finally in the third button (Remove). Open the click event for this button and add.

Picturebox.image = Nothing

this should take care of browsing, displaying path, uploading and removing the image from your form.

add/drag opendialog control in your form , one label (for path view), one picture box (for image view) and one button (for browse image).
in your button browse add this code :

With OpenFileDialog1
            '.InitialDirectory = "C:\"
            .Filter = "All Files|*.*|Bitmaps|*.bmp|GIFs|*.gif|JPEGs|*.jpg"
            .FilterIndex = 4
        End With

If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
            PictureBox1.Image = Image.FromFile(OpenFileDialog1.FileName)
            PictureBox1.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.StretchImage
            PictureBox1.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Fixed3D
            lblFilePath.Text = OpenFileDialog1.FileName()
        End If

you can change the filter index to set image extension at first open. in this code filter index = 4 will set to jpeg, so when first open just jpeg image will shown. change filter index as u need.

Ok. all for the best

tanx,
I realy apreciated ur concern.it has worked.
Another problem is on the deploying, if i install on another system it will not see the connection. why this i saved the database in my d: drive. pls. help.

must love Google translations... maybe posting in the native language would make it easier to understand. (ok, that was a little mean.)

Dim UploadFileControl As FileUpload
UploadFileControl = ImageFieldID
If UploadFileControl.HasFile Then
UpldFile.Add(UploadFileControl)
// check for extention of the file
if exist()
// save the image

End If

hi there..im new in vb.net..actually i want to upload a pic(browse for pic) into my form...but then,i dont see any openfiledialog n picturebox in my toolbox to be dragged in..pls help me asap..tq..

thx for your reply..i do know its quite strange but then i still dont see it even the "choose item" i tick all the opendialogfile n picture box...tq

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.