I'm spankn' new to java with no previous computer programming experience and I need help with an assignment.
The assignment is to write a Java program to direct a cashier how to make change.
1) Number of dollars due
2) Number of cents due
3) Number of dollars received from the customer
4) Number of cents received from the customer
1) Print a title for the program
2) Print the total amount due as $dd.cc
3) Print the total amount submitted as $dd.cc
4) Print the total amount of change as $dd.cc
5) Print how many $1, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies are required for the change
6) Print a farewell
-Use Strings only for input. Do not use Strings to process the results
-Use named constants (final variables) for the money amounts. There should be no “magic numbers in the code.
-There is no error checking in this program. You can assume that the input is valid and the amount of money will exceed or equal the amount due.
-Use only statements like a declaration, assignment, input and output. DON'T use anything else like if-else, loops, etc.
Sorry for my ignorance, but I would seriously appreciate any help or guidance on how to get started. Thanks everyone for your time!