I need help with representing quotation v/s sales followup in a s/w am developing for a company...the operator needs to be able to see position of all quotations made and the position for sales.How do i make a user friendly approach for this?

Thankx..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you need to provide more detail. are you asking how to determine if a record is a sale or a quote? or are you asking for an approach to handling?

i would say, seperate them (either seperate pages or seperate parts of the same page)

if you are asking how-to-determine, i'd say create a "record flag" column in the database --- 1 = Sale 2 = Quote
Also, I'd create a progress flag, too

1- First Call 2 - Quote Accepted ... 5 - Followed Up

Am so sorry if i was not dat forthcoming on my query...wat i mean is that i need help on how to handle this concept i.e what it would look like on the front-end..what tables would i need, coz am not able 2 imagine wat it would be like...Thnx 4 da help in advance!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.