I have downloaded the visual C++ express 2005.Actually i have no experience with the visual C++, i used to develop with Visual Basic earlier but i don't know some of the following thing:

1. How can i enable the line numbers in my source code?
2. Where can i find information about some basic programs in VC++?On how to compile & run simple programs? I have few expereince with Dev-C++,is this going to help me here.

is there any good tutorial or learning pages on the internet.I searched on the google but it
takes me to either msdn.com or other express pages.Actually i'm interested in Game design using this i tried the Express page for VC++,i dont want to go with XNA source is there any engine available which allows 2D/3D game develpement with VC++ express 2005?2D is fine,is there any ,open source available?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

>How can i enable the line numbers in my source code?
Tools>Options>Text editor>C/C++ show line numbers.

>2
If you have experience with dev, VS is not very different. What programs do you want to make? MFc/win32/console?

Niek

I want to create HGE based games or even some small system utilities for my Microcontroller project (academic).

i'm looking for tutorial to get started in VC++,i dont want book cause i most of the books are therautical and without code or actual implementation.

i'm looking for tutorial to get started in VC++,i dont want book cause i most of the books are therautical and without code or actual implementation.

Where do you get this idea? Go to a bookstore and start looking at books. Most have code.

Hmm
i have tried the Wrox express begining in VC++
trust me it was full theruatical it was also telling me which is the menu bar and form and toolbox but it never told me how to program .it was fully therautical.

Hmm
One book and all are theoretical? :icon_rolleyes: I guess you're out of luck.

i mean most of the books man. :)
If you know any good one please let me know.

See a video here (Scroll down the page to the video link) While you are at it you should read the other material presented there.

If you are looking for c++ books then just read the Read Me threads at the top of this board.

>>I want to create HGE based games or even some small system utilities for my Microcontroller project (academic).
That may not be possible with the Express edition because it is not a cross compiler.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.