Member Avatar for Thew

Hi,
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition.
In File > New > Project, you can select Win32 group and then the Win32 Application.
I think, when you use this in your project then the compiled program should run on Windows without .NET Framework too.
How is it? Can you set-up project options to make your application run on other Windows without .NET Framework too?
Because I tried to make some simple project (just File > New > Project > Win32 > Win32 Application), I compiled it tried on another Windows with the base .NET Framework, but the application wasn't runned. Error message that contained something like this "configuration is incorrect".

Any solutions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i think you might need to install and configure the platform SDK

Member Avatar for Thew

what do you think "platform SDK", normally, when I create something in Dev-C++, it runs on the older versions of Windows too, so when I write the same code in Visual C++, why this doesn't work???

i know that to make win32 programs compile on c++ express 2005, you needed the paltform sdk as to cut down size, it only did .NET by default

this may have changed for the 2008 version though

VC++ Express 2008 includes the SDK when installed, unlike the 2005 version.

Are you trying to create a Windows app, or a console (DOS box) app?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.