Hello everyone.
This is my first post here and most definitely not my last as I will be requiring your expert knowledge on lots of topics no doubt.

I have a series of questions regarding VB and a project I have be set to work on.
The first part of this task requires me to create a script that can be run on a windows xp machine that:
1. Creates ODBC entries in the Data Sources (ODBC) list, with customised configurations for SQL connection etc.
2. Initiate multiple Folder Copy tasks from a server location to the local drive.
3. Set up network printers and mount network drives.

So basically it's a New System Configuration Script, so that I can un-box a new machine, plug it in and run this application/script and it sets everything up as needed.

The main thing I want to know is....
Is this possible using VB? If so or if not, how would I go about doing so?

Obviously I understand it is just going to be a case of teaching myself VB which I am happy doing but I don't want to throw myself into it to later find that it will not do what I want it to, as I am on a little bit of a deadline with this project unfortunately.

I hope you can help me in some way, and I will look forward to any answers or suggestions you have.
Thank you in advance, everything is greatly appreciated. Fantastic site!

Maddy

You start working on th eproject and post here if you face any problem. We will definately help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.