hello all
i have experience with windows forms programming
but now i have to work independently for the whole project
i need help in two topics pls help me
3 clients will be connected to my server
front end : VB.Net
my database : Oracle

my question is how to design a project
i) if i installs front end , oracle client software on client machine and oracle on server then what should i do, how to communicate with the server how can i send data from client to server and vice versa

if it is in same system when i use insert command it works fine but if database is on remote machine and only vb forms ( front end ) on client machine then automatically system or oracle client will take care of these things? otherwise how to send data to remote database server please let me know this is very urgent for me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hello all
i have experience with windows forms programming
but now i have to work independently for the whole project
i need help in two topics pls help me
3 clients will be connected to my server
front end : VB.Net
my database : Oracle

my question is how to design a project
i) if i installs front end , oracle client software on client machine and oracle on server then what should i do, how to communicate with the server how can i send data from client to server and vice versa

if it is in same system when i use insert command it works fine but if database is on remote machine and only vb forms ( front end ) on client machine then automatically system or oracle client will take care of these things? otherwise how to send data to remote database server please let me know this is very urgent for me.

You will need to create a database connection string to your database. There is an ODBC connection wizard or you can bring your own. You will probably then want to use some type of encryption for keeping data safely secure. Then you will need to serialize your data from the client to the server and visa-versa.

Create your database and fields, so that you know what fields to create and then bind those fields to your Oracle database using the databinder. Create a button once your forms are filled out, checking for invalid data or null entries and then encrypt the data and send it your database.

hello sir this is charitha
thank you so much for your reply
in reply u said u have to serialize data how to do that
pls give me a small sample code
thank you

hello sir this is charitha
thank you so much for your reply
in reply u said u have to serialize data how to do that
pls give me a small sample code
thank you

You do not need to serialize data, your server will query the database and construct a message with the data fields and send it to client via socket, the client will decode the message and find out all the data fields.

hello sir thank you for immediate reply as i deadly need this
if possible please can u send a small sample code of this ....
simple form with one text box and one insert button if button pressed then it data will be inserted and the change to that row will be transmitted to all clients in the network please if possible send the code
thank you
charitha

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.