Hi:

Hello everyone.

At first you may be thinking so what is the big deal in implementing paging.
But actually its not that simple. Here is what i have to implement.

The main parent window where the user gets the records in a datagrid based on dates params in the following format
email - firstName - lastName

By click on email a pop up window displays the detail of that record. Its the same concept as master detail.

Ok now here is the tricky part. i want to have a prev and next button in the pop up window.
So the user can move back and forth to see next record in the pop up window with out closing the pop up and then clicking on the next record in the main window to see the detail.

Aany Ideas

Thx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Web-based or windows application? I feel it's web application and DataGridView supports paging, where is your question??

Hi:

Thank for reply.

I think i did not explian my problem well.

First of all i m using .net 1.x and its web app. i have datagrid not gridView cus o fthe version.

The main window has the datagrid with records in the following format

email - firstName - lastName
a@a.com John Doe
b@b.com x Y
Prev|Next

The normal paging is implemented here on this grid. its not a problem
Now each email is actually a link.By clicking on email a pop up window open up with more detail of that particular record.
for eg
firstName = John
lastName = Doe
Address = Blah blah
adress2 = blah blah
city = blah
state - blah
Country = blah
email = a@a.com

prev|Next

Now i want to have a prev and next button in the pop up window. By clicking the next in the pop up window, the detail of the next record will be displayed in the window and vice versa.

in this case by next in the pop up window, the next would be :
firstName = X
lastName = Y
Address = Blah blah
adress2 = blah blah
city = blah
state - blah
Country = blah
email = b@b.com

prev|Next

Obviously when its first record the prev button would be disabled and if its last next button would be disabled.

Now how to get the id of the next record in the pop up window so that i get the detail of that record and show it in the pop up window without closing the window.

This will avoid the user to close the pop up then click on the next record in the main window to see the detail of that record. U know what i mean.

if u still have any questions. pleas let me know

Thax

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.