When I install my application I would like a shortcut to be added to the desktop. How can i do this? I am running Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition

Thanks

Simon

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

In the File menu--> New Project Types Tools and Deployement Option in There using that U can create Application Folder.ie Files to Place Program Files ,Start Menu Entry,Desktop Shortcuts and Registry Entry.

when you create a setup, u can make shortcut and place it on desktop folder.

When I install my application I would like a shortcut to be added to the desktop. How can i do this? I am running Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition

Thanks

Simon

In the Setup and Deployment side of VB.NET 2005, there is a "desktop" are where you can place an icon on installation and it will install the icon to the desktop as well as the program file.

In VS 2005 Setup and Deployment Project
Users Desktop Folder is there.
Right Click From that Folder--->Create ShortCut Link in Pop up menu select it-->It Creates an lnk file with Default Name-->Rename it-->Right Click that file IT shows Properies window--->In Icon attribute set the Requires image icon to place in desktop

how would i make a set up file using vb.net 2005? and which file add in set up file in which folder?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.