cout << "Enter speed in miles per hour: ";
      cin  >> speedInMPH;

timeInMinutes = distanceInMiles * 60 / speedInMPH;

cout << "It takes " << timeInMinutes << " minutes to travel " 
           << distanceInMiles << " miles at " 
           << speedInMPH << " miles per hour" << endl;

return 0;
   }

When I build the program in Visual Studio..it comes up with fatal error: unable to locate .h file or somethin...wtf? :(

Edited 3 Years Ago by Dani: Formatting fixed

i have the same prob with dev c++ i couldn't figure out how to fix it. Try just doing a reinstall. This is such annoying problem too because most programs are made with iostream header file.

Try #include<iostream> instead of iostream.h
Not sure if that will definitely work, but supposedly it's the new standard.

I agree with cscgal,

I have stated this time and time again:

The difference between iostream and iostream.h (summary)
You should avoid using the *.h version as much as possible, because some implementations have bugs in their *.h version. Moreover, some of them support non-standard code that is not portable, and fail to support some of the standard code of the STL.

Furthermore, the *.h version puts everything in the global namespace. The extension-less version is more stable and it's more portable. It also places everything in the std namespace.

iostream.h is an old style method of including std C++ headers, and in opposite to iostream you don't have to declare that you're using the std namespace.

As cscgal stated, #include <iostream> without the *.h may solve the issue.

- Stack Overflow

that solved it for me thanks dani. There is no more errors when i compile it using because of that i still have some bugs to tweak with dev c++ but im not sure if i downloaded the beta or not. Sorry about tagging your problem.

i tried iostream without .h...and i get even more fatal errors...i guess i should reload?

>i tried iostream without .h...and i get even more fatal errors...i guess i should reload?
No, you should consider namespaces. An easy fix is to say using namespace std; after you include all of your headers. This isn't the best fix, but it is quick and usually works if you don't have other errors.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.