I am using vb.net 2003 and sql server 2000 as backend. I would like to do searching that will receive several input from user (input from textbox,combobox and radio button) that will retrieve data from sql server and display the output in textboxes and picture box. I can do the same searching and display output in datagrid but i dont know how to display it in textboxes and picturebox. Can anyone help me coz i've been trying to do this all day but still haven't success. With this i include my system interface for better understanding of what im trying to say.Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

have u a searching procedure?? i mean, you can display on datagrid. post it.

Im sorry..correction..not same searching but quite similar..this is the code that i used to retrieve input from combobox and display the output in datagrid:

Private Sub btnSearchTool_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSearchTool.Click

SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DsToolInformation1)

Dim datarow As DataRowView
Dim Id As String
Dim x As Integer = 0
Dim location As Integer
Dim result As String = "Fail"

For Each datarow In dv
Id = datarow.Item("Tool_name").ToString()

If (cboToolName.Text = Id) Then
location = x
result = "Success"
x = 0
Exit For
Else
x += 1
End If

Next

If (result = "Success") Then
Me.BindingContext(DsToolInformation1, "Tool").Position += location
btnSearchTool.Text = "&SEARCH"

Else
x = 0
MessageBox.Show("No record found!!!", "ERROR", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation)

End If

End Sub

And this the output (refer to attachment).

But now i want to do searching that will receive 3 user input and display output in textboxes and picturebox like i've mentioned in previous post..i dont want to display the output using datagrid but I have no idea how to code it.

I have found solution to my problem :) thanks nway to everyone..

Well Great...
Happy coding friend :)

commented: hmmm... +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.