I am quite the beginner at python (and programming altogether), but I'm attempting to learn (slowly but surely). Anyway, I am attempting to make a standalone python program that will interact with firefox (opening links, etc.). I've figured out how to open FF and open links. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to close it again. I used os.spawnl(os.P_NOWAIT, "c:\\program files\\mozilla firefox\\firefox.exe") to open FF. I then attempted to use win32api.TerminateProcess(396,0) to close it again, but I received the error: error: (5, 'TerminateProcess', 'Access is denied.') . I am guessing that FF is blocking my TerminateProcess command(?). MSPaint will start/shut down fine using this method, but the Any ideas to prevent FF from blocking my command or ideas about other methods to shut the program down? Thanks for any and all help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is it possible to do a

import os
os.system('tskill firefox')

?

That was too easy! Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.