I use WAMP to develop my PHP/MySQL applications locally before moving them to a production server. I want to start teaching myself Python and wish to add Python to my installation. I have downloaded and installed Python 2.5 and also installed mod_python. Unfortunately getting Apache to recognize that Python is installed and run Python web pages isn't working. I either get a Python error or the contents of the Python file display on the screen.

Has anyone had any luck getting Python to work with WAMP specifically? If not any experience getting it to work with Apache on Windows would be appreciated.

Here is the error message I get:

MOD_PYTHON ERROR

ProcessId: 800
Interpreter: 'localhost'

ServerName: 'localhost'
DocumentRoot: 'C:/wamp/www/'

URI: '/python/index.py'
Directory: 'C:/wamp/www/'
Filename: 'C:/wamp/www/python/index.py'
PathInfo: None

Phase: 'PythonHandler'
Handler: 'index.py'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\wamp\bin\python\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line 1537, in HandlerDispatch
default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)

File "C:\wamp\bin\python\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line 1202, in _process_target
module = import_module(module_name, path=path)

File "C:\wamp\bin\python\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line 304, in import_module
return __import__(module_name, {}, {}, )

ImportError: No module named index.py

Here is the code in index.py

from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):

req.content_type = "text/plain"
    req.write("Hello World!")

return apache.OK

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Update: I changed PythonHandler to say PythonHandler mod_python.publisher in my http.conf file and that solved my other errors. But now I get a 404 error for index.py which is definitely in the right place.

hi..

i am also a php/mysql user, and i have till date used PHP only in this regard. Now, i want to learn and use Python/Perl with WAMP.

1. Is this possible?
2. If so, what additional softwares would i need to install to run Python/Perl (i already have WAMP server installed and working)
3. Where can i get these additional softwares from?

any help will be highly appreciated...

thx...

hi..

i am also a php/mysql user, and i have till date used PHP only in this regard. Now, i want to learn and use Python/Perl with WAMP.

1. Is this possible?
2. If so, what additional softwares would i need to install to run Python/Perl (i already have WAMP server installed and working)
3. Where can i get these additional softwares from?

any help will be highly appreciated...

thx...

1. Yes it is. mod_python is required if you want to run python.
2. I recommend you to take a look at Django (http://www.djangoproject.com) and TurboGears (www.turbogears.org).
3. The links are above :P

hey can you please help me i have a problem i am trying to get python to run on wamp2 my problem is on this page http://www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?2,52963

i am using python25 on apache 2.2.11 and i have already installed mod_python but that is where the problem is

I use WAMP to develop my PHP/MySQL applications locally before moving them to a production server. I want to start teaching myself Python and wish to add Python to my installation. I have downloaded and installed Python 2.5 and also installed mod_python. Unfortunately getting Apache to recognize that Python is installed and run Python web pages isn't working. I either get a Python error or the contents of the Python file display on the screen.

Has anyone had any luck getting Python to work with WAMP specifically? If not any experience getting it to work with Apache on Windows would be appreciated.

Here is the error message I get:

Here is the code in index.py

from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):

req.content_type = "text/plain"
    req.write("Hello World!")

return apache.OK

Check this out. I'm going to try this and post back the results.
http://woommle.org/?p=21

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.