I've posted something along these lines before, but it's a tad bit different this time, hopefully some of you can point me in the right direction.
I'm designing a tool that will make adding things to a database easy for people not familiar with SQL, it will basically export a query to the SQL server, and I don't really know how to do that. It will require authentication for the SQL (MySQL 5.0). Any help you can give me would very much be appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Maulth

I'm confused -- you want to write a c++ SQL class but you don't know the SQL language yourself ??:icon_eek:

Comments
Thank you for helping me with my ODBC problem :D

No, I'm sorry I just re-read that first post, I was tired when I made it, let me revise.
I'm writing a tool that will be used to create an SQL file. I know the table structure for the SQL, I just want to know how I get it to the MySQL server, actually have the program export it to the server. Sorry for my fragmented post earlier.

I saw something in an earlier post, called ODBC or something like that, would that be beneficial?

yes, ODBC is one way, and is supported by most, if not all, modern SQL compliant data bases. There are already several free odbc c++ classes. So what you are trying to do has already been done several times in the past 10 or so years.

For MySql specifically, you can download free MySQL++.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.