When I typed the command as 'java -version' in commandprompt its showing "java version 1.3.1_01"

but I want to set it to latest version of java in the path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06
Due to this problem Im not able to open Eclipse, its saying "version 1.3.1_01 is not suitable for this product, version 1.4.1 or greater is required"

I have added the environment variables user variables JAVA_HOME value as C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12.

Could you please help me out soon.
Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't know if it is relevant but in what order have you added the C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12 at the environment variables?
Perhaps you need to put first the latest version because once it finds the 1.3.1_01 it doesn't "search" for the rest in the environment variables.

If someone thinks I am wrong correct me.

set path=%path%;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin; The %path% represent already existing settings in the PATH. Therefore following command will read existing settings, and set PATH to new sattings of existing path+Path to be added

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.