hi

I have a problem with vb 6. I made a program to print bills using Data Report. The problem is, the printer prints the bill in fixed paper height. but the bill height varies according to the data. i want to stop the printer after the data ends. because i am using rolled paper not fixed height papers. my printer is dot matrix.

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sorry to say u probably can't acheive this in Data Report. I had a similar problem regarding printing in roll papers. I sent the output to a text file and printed the file. U can probably try that approach if it helps

hi
try with report's deactivate event

Aniket

i sent the output to a text file and printed the file. U can probably try that approach if it helps BUT STILL IT PRINTS AND FORWARDS THE PAPER TO NEXT PAGE.
WHAT TO DO?

hi

I have a problem with vb 6. I made a program to print bills using Data Report. The problem is, the printer prints the bill in fixed paper height. but the bill height varies according to the data. i want to stop the printer after the data ends. because i am using rolled paper not fixed height papers. my printer is dot matrix.

thank you

have you got the solution for the problem

I gave the solution for rolled paper, not pages (fanfold or otherwise). For rolled paper, there is naturally no concept of next page. If you are printing to pages of fixed height, using a data report and setting report height would be the best solution.
If you want to print from a text file and the printer moves onto next page, check if you have inserted a Form feed character at the end of your text file. Remove any such character.

Dear
problem in Bill prinitng
Ok if u consider the roll paper,i want print stops at the end of last line, Paper should not move forward. what to do?

2. There is no such any feed characer at the end of file.

thanks in advance

lalith jain

Dear
problem in Bill prinitng
Ok if u consider the roll paper,i want print stops at the end of last line, Paper should not move forward. what to do?

2. There is no such any feed characer at the end of file.

thanks in advance

lalith jain

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.