How do you compile this whole project in Visual C++ Express Edition ? The link is below ?

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/loggerservice.aspx

Will simply creating a new project and inserting all the files and then clicking Build Solution help ?

I don't want you to do this for me. I want to learn how all this will happen?

Any link to guide would be really appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I just creating a new project,and then creating a new c++ source file.After u have finish the codes,then click compile option, a window will jump out,hoho

I usually use the command to compile the c++ file into .exe

I meant the project in the link

How would you compile that ?

I meant the project in the link

How would you compile that ?

That project uses MFC which is not included in the Express Editions, meaning that you cannot compile it.

So what compiler should I use then?

So what compiler should I use then?

MFC is Microsoft's commercial library and is not available for free. So you'd need to buy one of the Visual Studio editions that come with MFC.

You could rewrite it and remove all the MFC stuff, but you might need to buy a book to figure out how to do it because it can get complicated. I don't know if you can write a service program with the Express compiler or not -- never tried it.

Or you could download the 90-day trial of Visual Studio Pro. After the 90 days, you can decide to buy or uninstall.

Ok thanks I might look into downloading the trial version.

Isn't there any other solution? Downloading a 3.79 GB File with my connection will take days

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.