Hello to all, I have a problem in connecting VB6 to MS Access 2003. I have tried all the instruction posted here in forum until the message appear every time I run the program "Supplied Provider is different from the one already in use." What does it mean? I am using DAO 3.6 as what is being required in MS 2003. This is the provider code I made:

con.ConnectionString = "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & App.Path & "\RecordKeeperDatabase.mdb"

can you help me what seems to be the problem in this part. . .pls

email me at: crumple_05@yahoo.com
or post in here so others may also read. . .

neil

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

U need service pack 6 for visual basic. then u can use ms access 2003 in vb6. download it from here

Thank you for the help. . .it works so far, i analyze you post then I come up with a good idea. . . .it is a big help. . .by the way, do you know how to use sort and refresh command in VB? I am using MSFlexGrid and I want to sort my data inside MSFlexGrid according to name from A-Z but i don't have any idea on how to do it. . .can you help me?

to sort your data please change sort property. set true.

i m new to VB and i dont how to connect the MSFlexgrid in VB to MSaccess ie when i m clicking the data in VB i need to access the datas from other forms also... giv me a solution to dis....

nagatron & yathish86 the problem on this thread is about connection and it seems already solved. Please post your other problem as another thread. As what I know about posting a problem here is one post one problem...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.