Please read the following instructions (related project code) carefully:
You'll be expected to observe good programming standards.
• Project code must follow C++ syntax
• Data used in each project must be retrieve and saved in Text Files
• Your project may cover the concepts learnt in CS201 particularly
2. Dynamic memory allocation
3. Text Files
4. Classes , Friend functions ,Function overloading
• You must include a comment explaining the purpose of every variable you use in your program.
• You must use meaningful, suggestive, self-explanatory variable names.
• Precede every major block of your code with a comment explaining its purpose.
• Indent the code properly for making it more understandable
It should be clear that your project will not get any credit if:
o The project is submitted after due date.
o The submitted project does not open or file corrupt.
o The project is copied.
Note: You have to submit Source code (.cpp) , executable file (.exe) and text files (.txt) of your project.
The objective of project is to enhance your knowledge and sharpen your analytical and programming abilities so that you can work in a professional environment.
Project Title: Daewoo (a Bus service) Reservation System
This program is supposed to simulate a Reservation System of Daewoo. Using this program, Daewoo ticket reservation agency assistant can perform different tasks related to ticket reservation.
The Daewoo Reservation System will ask the user for the following information :
• Name of passenger
• Departure City
• Destination City
• Date of travel
• Time of travel
• Number of tickets
The Daewoo Reservation System should have the following features:
1. Make Reservation-to reserve ticket/tickets for a passenger and indicate his/her seat number.
2. Modify reservation-to modify the already made reservation
3. Cancel reservation-to cancel a particular reservation
4. Search reservation- to search reservation information of a particular passenger by
a) Passenger name
b) Date of travel
5. Exit –to exit from application
Daewoo Reservation System should also support persistence for passenger ticket reservation records
Supporting simple persistence by any application requires handling of two scenarios
• On start up of application-data (passenger ticket reservation records) must be read from file.
• On end/finish up of application -data (passenger ticket reservation records) must be saved in file.