Hi, I would like to detect when a person loggs off or shutdown or restart using 8051. I can't get any information on the web if eny1 have any idea please let me know. This is a process where I will detect when the user shutdown or log off, this is done when I connect 8051 to USB port. Please let me know if any1 have any idea.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by badbloodyeyez

I assume you're talking about plugging a device into a standard desktop machine running say Linux or MacOS, and you want to record when the user logs off the desktop machine.

This is a pretty good hardware site.
http://www.lvr.com/

thanx for ur answers but I dnt want to record I would like to detect when a user logs off when the user logs off the device does a different operation. I just want to find that how to detect when a user logs off via usb and then the usb will perform a differnt task this is all hardwar. Do you know what happens when we log off what or where does the PC sends the command to?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.