I have signed up for high school online c++ courses, which has proven to be a mistake, due to my inability to grasp the content. I would like to keep learning, but as the semester draws to an end, I must catch up on my work. This is a project I desperately need help on.

* Program should ask users how many apples and oranges they want to buy.
* Apples cost $1.00 and Oranges cost $1.50.
* Today's Special! Apples are 2 for 1. Buy one get one free! (1 apple = $1.00, 2 apples = $1.00, 3 apples = $2.00, 4 apples = $2.00, etc.)
* Another Special! How ever many oranges you buy will give you the same number of percentage off your total bill. (If you buy 10 oranges you get 10% off your total bill.) (For now, ask the user to enter a number between 1 and 100. If they don't the numbers will not make sense. Later we will learn how to capture user input errors.
* If you have bought 2 apples = $1.00 and 10 oranges = $15.00 your total bill would be $16.00. But you get 10% off! (use percentage/100*amount = discount amount) 10% of $16.00 = (10/100) * 16.00 = $1.60 discount. Total bill = $16.00 - $1.60 = $14.40
* Your program should tell the user how much they owe.

Other things to keep in mind:

* Use one function to calculate the price of the apples and another function to calculate the price of the oranges.
* If you have programmed before, do not use the If statement. You should be able to program this project without using the If statement (We'll learn about the If statement in the next workshop.)

When you are finished:

* Submit the .cpp source file, .exe file and code file to your instructor.
* Put your name in a comment at the top of the file, followed by the name of the program.

Evaluation Criteria

Your project will be evaluated using the following criteria:

1. The program compiles/builds successfully, runs normally (no runtime errors or unnecessary delays), and exits normally.
2. The program asks how many apples you want and receives keyboard input.
3. The program asks how many oranges you want. It explains that a number between 1 and 100 is required. It receives keyboard input.
4. The program outputs the correct amount of money.
5. The program uses one function to calculate the price of the apples and another function to calculate the price of the oranges.
6. The program does not use the If statement.
7. The program is easy to use.
8. The program does not perform unnecessary tasks.
9. The source code is contained in one file and is not unnecessarily long.
10. The source code utilizes white space properly and consistently to enhance legibility.
11. The variable/function names are chosen and typed/written in a way that clearly explains their purposes. The naming style is consistent throughout the whole program.
12. The source contains effective, consistent comments, especially near any complex or obscure sections of code.

What I mostly do not understand is how to program the 2 for one deal, but programming as a whole i don't understand well. I can scrape by the quizzes, but if someone could help me on this project I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have signed up for high school online c++ courses, which has proven to be a mistake, due to my inability to grasp the content. I would like to keep learning, but as the semester draws to an end, I must catch up on my work. This is a project I desperately need help on.

* Program should ask users how many apples and oranges they want to buy.
* Apples cost $1.00 and Oranges cost $1.50.
* Today's Special! Apples are 2 for 1. Buy one get one free! (1 apple = $1.00, 2 apples = $1.00, 3 apples = $2.00, 4 apples = $2.00, etc.)
* Another Special! How ever many oranges you buy will give you the same number of percentage off your total bill. (If you buy 10 oranges you get 10% off your total bill.) (For now, ask the user to enter a number between 1 and 100. If they don't the numbers will not make sense. Later we will learn how to capture user input errors.
* If you have bought 2 apples = $1.00 and 10 oranges = $15.00 your total bill would be $16.00. But you get 10% off! (use percentage/100*amount = discount amount) 10% of $16.00 = (10/100) * 16.00 = $1.60 discount. Total bill = $16.00 - $1.60 = $14.40
* Your program should tell the user how much they owe.

Other things to keep in mind:

* Use one function to calculate the price of the apples and another function to calculate the price of the oranges.
* If you have programmed before, do not use the If statement. You should be able to program this project without using the If statement (We'll learn about the If statement in the next workshop.)

When you are finished:

* Submit the .cpp source file, .exe file and code file to your instructor.
* Put your name in a comment at the top of the file, followed by the name of the program.

Evaluation Criteria

Your project will be evaluated using the following criteria:

1. The program compiles/builds successfully, runs normally (no runtime errors or unnecessary delays), and exits normally.
2. The program asks how many apples you want and receives keyboard input.
3. The program asks how many oranges you want. It explains that a number between 1 and 100 is required. It receives keyboard input.
4. The program outputs the correct amount of money.
5. The program uses one function to calculate the price of the apples and another function to calculate the price of the oranges.
6. The program does not use the If statement.
7. The program is easy to use.
8. The program does not perform unnecessary tasks.
9. The source code is contained in one file and is not unnecessarily long.
10. The source code utilizes white space properly and consistently to enhance legibility.
11. The variable/function names are chosen and typed/written in a way that clearly explains their purposes. The naming style is consistent throughout the whole program.
12. The source contains effective, consistent comments, especially near any complex or obscure sections of code.

What I mostly do not understand is how to program the 2 for one deal, but programming as a whole i don't understand well. I can scrape by the quizzes, but if someone could help me on this project I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

No one is going to do this entire project for you. You need to make an attempt, post it, and then post SPECIFIC questions about where you are stuck.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/announcement8-2.html

Even if someone did do the project, they would never post the solution and keep it to themselves.

That's how we roll =P

Hey something funny just crept up when i was reading the question

So If you buy 100 oranges you will get everything for free. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.